Novels?

More
8 years 2 months ago #85503 by Marknew742
Marknew742 replied the topic: Re: Novels?
This one isn&#39;t muscle growth, but it is a mainstream novel about a muscular girl.<br /><br />Modern Ranch Living, by Mark Poirer<br /><br />This is the Amazon blurb.<br /><br />The action centres on a small community in Tucson, Arizona, with the disappearance of a local teenager triggering the plot. However, it&#39;s the book&#39;s principal characters that keep the reader turning the page - notably 16 year-old Kendra, the muscle-bound young girl with a bizarre grammatical habit (her favourite phrase: &quot;plussing as which&quot;) and Merv, the 30 year-old pool attendant that still lives with his mom. These characters are immediately engaging, and for all their oddities and imperfections, it is easy for the reader to empathise with them. <br /><br />And this was one of my favorite excerpts.<br /><br />By the time she hit junior high, she was worked, thick with muscle and intimidating to some of her teachers.&nbsp; Her abdominals were like six caramel apples, and her shoulders were as wide as an Olympic swimmer&#39;s.&nbsp; At home, she walked around in her sports bra, on display, pausing to flex in mirrors and snack on protein.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jdrabbit1
  • jdrabbit1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
8 years 2 months ago #85504 by jdrabbit1
jdrabbit1 replied the topic: Re: Novels?
I came across this one on amazon.com. Sounds like it might be interresting &quot;BODY: A Novel&quot; by Harry Crews.

More
8 years 2 months ago #85505 by Marknew742
Marknew742 replied the topic: Re: Novels?
I read Body.&nbsp; It wasn&#39;t very appealing.&nbsp; A lot of the awful bodybuilding drug culture.

More
8 years 2 months ago #85506 by khuddle
khuddle replied the topic: Re: Novels?
I read Body as well. There are a lot of scenes that are pretty distatesful, but I found the writing to pretty engaging. (Incidentally, the author, Harry Crews, lives in my home town of Gainesville FL).&nbsp;

• Solarian, aka LordDaroth
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Can you save a drowning lawyer? No? Good!
More
8 years 2 months ago #85507 by Solarian, aka LordDaroth
Solarian, aka LordDaroth replied the topic: Re: Novels?
If my memories are correct, there is a muscular, insanely strong female lover and protector of Hari Seldon in Asimov&#39;s Foundation series. Her name is Dors Venabili. But I don&#39;t want to spoil major details...<br /><br />But it was a long time ago, I&#39;m not entirely sure.

For my pictures visit my deviantart page! Here...

More
8 years 2 months ago #85508 by Zespara
Zespara replied the topic: Re: Novels?

<br />&quot;Love Child&quot; by Andrew Neiderman.<br />

<br /><br />I read that book.&nbsp; Awesome descriptions inside and a must-have for all those with an interest in FMG and femuscle in general.&nbsp; :)<br /><br />Z

• AlexG
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The Last Defender of Camelot
More
2 weeks 1 day ago - 2 weeks 1 day ago #130925 by AlexG
AlexG replied the topic: Re: Novels?
I'd forgotten about this one, been out of print since the earlier 80's,
might be able to locate it in a 2nd hand book store, or over on Amazon.com from a likewise source.

Titan's Daughter by James Blish

Involves genetic engineering that produces a new race of nine-foot tall, smarter, stronger, longer life spaned people.
The story revolves around the main character, (as denoted by the title) a woman.

I like a good story well told.
That is the reason I am sometimes forced to tell them myself.
Mark Twain / Samuel L. Clemens (1907)

www.infowars.com
Last Edit: 2 weeks 1 day ago by AlexG.

More
2 weeks 23 hours ago #130933 by Lingster
Lingster replied the topic: Re: Novels?
_Iron Angels_ by Eric Flint and Allistaire Kimble has a physically robust female character, and the conclusion is very interesting.

Most S.M. Stirling novels feature at least one buff chick.

• AlexG
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 weeks 8 hours ago #130938 by AlexG

Lingster wrote: Most S.M. Stirling novels feature at least one buff chick.

Yeah, I've mentioned his Draka novels in a previous post in this thread.
The two that I recall that have descriptive muscle scenes in them are "The Stone Dogs", and the spinoff book, "Drakon."

www.infowars.com

More
2 weeks 2 hours ago #130939 by Lingster
Lingster replied the topic: Re: Novels?
_Conquistador_ has a gym scene with a female character lifting heavy.

The Lords of Creation series had some, particularly the second novel, _In_the_Courts_of_the_Crimson_Kings_.

• AlexG
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 week 6 days ago - 1 week 6 days ago #130951 by AlexG
Another would be the Horseclans series of futuristic sword & sorcery novels by Robert Adams, which have an
Edgar Rice Burroughs-like flavor to them. Almost all of them have strong female characters, and in the latter ones has a tribe of Amazons as central aspect of the stories. The Signet paperback editions have been out of print for many yrs.

However, last time I checked @ Amazon.com, Mundania Press had resurrected the series, along w/ his Castaways in Time series.

www.infowars.com
Last Edit: 1 week 6 days ago by AlexG.

More
1 week 5 days ago #130959 by osquip
osquip replied the topic: Novels?
Not a novel exactly, but there was a book for the Call of Cthulhu role playing game titled "At Your Door" (1990, 4th edition, Cthulhu Now) set in modern day that involves the players investigating a female bodybuilder who (as it turns out) has been supplementing her training with drinking the milk from a cthulhu beastie. The investigators follow a trail of reports about her growing success, eventually catching up with her at an isolated farmhouse. Her transformation becomes unfortunately (but not surprisingly) slightly more monstrous, but the adventure does include amorous advances on a male investigator. Pretty spicy for a 90's RPG.

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds